doesn't seem like that long ago.
Never forget what happened 5 yrs ago tomorrow . Never !
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
doesn't seem like that long ago.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't seem like that long ago.
[/ QUOTE ]
sure dont dude
Our country the USA was brutally attacked by a bunch of cowards.
Trying to spark fear into the hearts of Americans, this group of cowards, killed over 3,000 people.
All this managed to do was once again raise a people, who don't like to fight or bring harm, to raise up their flag and say.
"We will not be defeated. Ole Glory has brought us through many of a battle.
And she will always carry us through the hard times. Whenever i see her raised, i will forever remember all those who have fought in honor under her.
Those who perished even at the hands of cowards. She will endure and she will be standing when the fight is over."
As the firefighters raised Ole Glory over the Trade Center, and i looked into my heart, and the heart of many Americans, my pride arose again.
I myself was at work, in a time, of what seem like and should of been a time of harmony for most.
Yet we had thousands, who had just been attacked, by cowards from a country who used religion, to declare war on us, a country who fought to find it's own religious freedom and other freedoms.
Cowards. No other words for their actions or for them.
We those in the US always come to the aid of our own.
We may not always see eye to eye. But never, I mean never touch one of us, and not expect all of us to be pissed off.
Bin Laden you and your cowards using religion may of touched this country.
We fought for our own freedoms, from those who oppressed us, we didn't launch out at the world. You touched US the U.S.
So when we touch you and your's don't ask why.
But i think the message was sent out when that flag was raised over the Trade Center.
You didn't win and you will never win. Our resolve is much stronger than you and your cowards.
"God bless the The USA. It's people, it's soldiers and this country for once again, answering the call and refusing to run and hide.
Together we will succeed. It's about heart and determination. And a will power of a people, who refuse to give up."
This is our generations "I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot." I'm sure everyone can remember where they were and exactly what they were doing that morning.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
I definitely remember where I was. I was driving to work, was on South Main Street in front of Doc Roberts Tire in Blacksburg. I was listening to 99.1 on the radio, and they ceased broadcasting their regular program and switched their broadcast over to one of the AM radio news stations.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I was in Brian Wills class "Africa in the Age of Impearlism" I think that was its name, we was oblivious to it, then I went outside and the frats were having a rally or whatever it is they do, someone had a radio on and it was talking about it.
I was starting my first day at Radio Shack. All day we watch the news. It was on every channel from ESPN to CNN to MTV and so on. I think that day we saw one person come in.
"Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."
As you know amigo, I have 2 brothers who live in New York. I had to leave WRSP that day scrambling on the telephone to my mom in NY trying to find out whether my brothers were alive or not. Luckily that day instead of being in NYC (had done work at the WTC in the previous weeks-wasn't sure if they were still working there), they were in the Bronx. I pray to god that our country never sees another day like this, and personally I pray that I'll never know fear and terror like I felt that day from that morning until late that night when I finally learned that Nikolas and Caleb were safe. To say that it hit home to me is an understatement.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
And NEVER think that it was a one-time shot. I fully expect to see it again.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks